The company gives IT professionals these five tips to avoid common pitfalls:
1) Take time to include a view of all ITIL disciplines when defining a strategy
2) Provide mandatory foundation training for all key constituents
3) Create and promote an effective strategy
4) Focus energy on articulating an enterprise change management system
5) Focus on incident/problem management and enterprise change management effectiveness
The survey also came back with other interesting findings as explained by Don Casson, president and CEO of Evergreen: "One of the key findings from the survey is that increased corporate awareness and CIO support is vital in order to encourage commitment to long term ITIL initiatives and leave organizations less likely to fail in their change management efforts."
For the full results of the study, read the article, Evergreen Systems, Inc. Announces Second Annual ITIL Benchmark Study (link above).
Blogged by Joshua Feinberg