Here are some questions that you want to ask before hiring a consulting firm:
* Do you have a "day job"? Are you moonlighting?
* What do you mean by the "we"? Are there any other people who work at your company?
* Are they employees or contractors? What are their names, specialties and backgrounds? How long have they been with the company? Will they be involved with this account?
* What "size" is your typical consulting client, in terms of number of PCs, employees and annual revenue?
* What industries or vertical markets have you worked with? And in what particular aspects and software applications?
* What kinds of products, services, and platforms does your company shy away from? Do you work with any specialty hardware, software or services vendors?
Before hiring anyone make sure you get honest answers to these questions and also consult with your lawyer about how to properly hire contractors. Learn more about hiring a computer consulting firm in the full article (link above).
Posted by Computer Consulting Kit