- Work from home. This is the best way to save money as you start out.
- Set up a separate personal credit card account. There’s no reason to get a fee-based credit card for your business.
- Market through networking. It’s not only cheaper, but also it’s more effective.
- Target your direct mail as much as possible so that your hard work doesn’t just end up in the trash.
- Stay away from product sales. When you put your cash into products, you are putting your money in holding.
- Avoid high price consumer advertising. Steer clear of expensive ads for the Yellow Pages, advertising in coupon packs, or advertising in large newspapers as these are usually the least effective ways to advertise anyway.
- Join an established health plan. If you can, get on your spouse’s plan or try to stay on your work plan for as long as possible.
To find out more about keeping your overhead costs low, read the whole article (link above).
Added by Computer Consulting Kit