There are three basic areas that you will need to focus on and things to be taken care of in each category:
- Start looking around for networking events. Get them on your calendar and plan on start going a few events within the next few weeks to get your name out there.
- Start telling everyone that you know to listen up for people whining about PC problems
- Think about a niche you can build for yourself. Are there are any areas/industries/types of businesses, etc… that are under served in your community?
- Develop a company name - make it memorable but not obscure.
- Get all your paperwork together including contracts, forms, agreements, etc…
- Develop and print business cards - take piles of them to networking events
- Develop a website - populate it with useful information as well as your marketing information
To learn more about strategic business planning while you are still working, read the whole article (link above).
Submitted by Computer Consulting 101