You might run into challenges hen starting a computer consulting company, particularly when trying to grow its profits. You need to figure out how to focus on you firm’s profit and bottom line. The following seven profit techniques can be used in any computer consulting business to help measure computer consulting customers’ IT needs with you computer consulting company’s issues.
Paying attention to computer consulting profits sounds simple, but it is often a complex and poorly-realized process for many professionals, particularly those that get overly excited about technology and gadgets or get seduced by reseller channel programs instead of paying attention to important profits. The following profit tips can help keep you focused:
1. Get motivated with small business consulting clients to avoid the label of a geek and perpetuate the label of a virtual CIO.
2. Always look to improve your current position. Getting the best computer consulting clients is very challenging, and you need to stress customer value not just emergency services. Your computer consulting solution should be about on-going benefits and maintenance and not just about stopping the problem for companies for the short term.
3. Get creative with clients while still trying to keep the budget low. Your computer consulting solutions have to work without the help of internal IT staff.
4. Evaluate the current status of clients’ systems, both those business-related and those technology-related. You need to measure the current status quo against what needs to happen in the future. This work can best be done during IT audits.
5. You need to start thinking about what your clients are delivering to their clients. Advanced computer consulting businesses go beyond the typical empathy for the clients and start to learn about how they need to work with their own clients.
6. Keep up with the latest technologies. Your job as a virtual CIO for computer consulting clients means you are the source for advice about the latest tools that can help their businesses. Don’t let this take over your life, but spend a little time on it to keep abreast of new advancements.
7. Share information you unearth with clients. Your research and development training should focus on the value a new platform or tool will add to the computer consulting client’s present or future systems. And you need to be able to explain this to your clients in simple language.
Blogged By: Joshua Feinberg