You will probably use direct mail advertising as an integral part of your virtual IT business. This type of advertising can be expensive, so there are some tricks and tips you can follow to make the process easier.
Ideas for Direct Mail Advertising
1. You will usually have to send out at least three to five direct mail advertising pieces before you get any response, and sometimes even more. Make sure you use a highly targeted direct mail advertising list to maximize the effectiveness of your campaign.
2. In order to geta very targeted direct mail advertising list, rent one in which the list members have a common element, such as being in the same industry, occupation, or other characteristics.
3. Once you get a highly targeted direct mail advertising list, write a headline for the list that addresses the target audience's greatest needs. A good headline and good copy can increase the 1% typical response rate to 3% or even 5%.
4. Poll some members of your target audience to find out what would interest them most. If your offer is not appealing, you will know not to send it.
5. Use postcards for your direct mail advertising instead of letters. They will get out faster, have less copy and be more affordable printing-wise. You will also save money on postage, allowing you to mail more often and in greater numbers.
6. Create a tracking system to measure all inquiries on the mailer so you can find out which mailers are getting the most responses.
7. Use the two-step sales process as part of your direct mail advertising campaign. This means you get contacts to step forward and ask questions, and then you pick it up and more rigorously qualify.
8. Put a deadline on offers that are part of your direct mail advertising so you force a faster response.
9. Send out a small, 500-1000 piece test sample so you can make changes to the direct mail advertising copy or change your list before making a greater investment.
Blogged By: Computer Consulting 101 Professional Kit